We want your experience of riding with Deliveroo to be a safe and positive one. These guidelines are designed to help ensure the safety of everyone that rides with and orders from Deliveroo, as well as the smooth running of your rider app and the service our customers receive.
Stay safe – Safety should always be your first priority. When you’re out on the road we ask that you always:
- Follow all laws, including road safety and traffic laws (which includes the Highway Code)
- Wear a helmet and reflective clothing to be more easily seen by other drivers
- Carry food in approved thermal bags – this keeps food at a safe temperature
- Keep your bags clean and in excellent shape
- If your kit is damaged and you need a replacement you can order this through the Rider Kit Store or from any supplier you choose, as long as it meets our minimum safety requirements.
Stay respectful – When you interact with customers, restaurants, other riders, Deliveroo staff, and members of the public we ask that you do so with respect. You should also follow all laws, rules and regulations when you’re working – they’re there for everyone’s benefit. You should:
- Follow all laws and regulations
- Treat everyone you interact with politely and respectfully
- Keep customer data safe – never share a customer’s details with anyone else or contact a customer when you’re not completing an order for them
As breaches of the above could amount to a serious breach of your Supplier Agreement, we investigate all reports we receive about these kinds of behaviour and this may result in you being unable to work with Deliveroo again. If you see another rider behaving unprofessionally don’t hesitate to let us know.
Stay honest – Deliveroo only works when riders act in good faith to deliver orders to customers in a safe and timely manner. We actively monitor any suspicious and fraudulent actions, including:
- Using multiple Deliveroo accounts at once
- Using a different type of vehicle to the one you’re registered with
- Marking orders as delivered when they haven’t been
- Purposely swiping through the app at the wrong time
- Manually adjusting your GPS location information
- Taking an unreasonably long time to deliver orders
- Working with substitutes who don’t meet all the requirements to ride with Deliveroo
- Interfering with Deliveroo’s website, platform or apps
How we investigate potential infringement
If we are made aware of a rider who is acting in breach of their contract, as clarified in these guidelines, we will investigate the report before taking any action on the account. These investigations are always led by someone on our team, and riders will always be notified if we decide to take any action. If we see a pattern of dishonest behaviour involving your account we may choose not to work with you in future.
We have similar guidelines that we ask our Restaurant Partners to follow as well. Everyone who partners with Deliveroo is encouraged to work together safely and respectfully. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can always contact our dedicated Rider Support team.