How to make a contact-free pick up
We have asked all of our restaurant partners to use contact-free pick up for Deliveroo riders.
To enable contact-free pick up, many restaurants will:
- Continue to properly seal all packaging and bags using tape or stickers
- Create a waiting area for riders inside the restaurant where they can wait a safe distance away from each other
- Create a waiting area for other riders outside the restaurant – riders should stay a safe distance away from other riders and staff while waiting outside even if there is no dedicated waiting area
- Create pick up areas, as far from food preparation as possible, that means no direct contact between riders and restaurant staff will be required to pick up an order
- Have someone from their team manage pick ups during busy times
- Make sure that only 1 order at a time is collected from a pick up area
- Make soap and water or hand sanitising gel available to riders whenever possible
Please make sure that you bring your thermal bag into the restaurant with you when picking up an order. You should always place the order in your thermal bag and seal it before leaving the restaurant.
Restaurant wait times may be impacted because of this exceptional situation, so we ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We also ask that you respect social distancing recommendations at all times and remain at least 2 metres away from others while you wait.
We continue to share COVID-19 guidance with all restaurant partners, and they have put their own measures in place to guard against the risk of infection for their employees, riders and customers.