If you’ve had an accident and been injured, or someone else has been injured or their property has been damaged, while you were riding with Deliveroo, here’s what you should do:
- Safety always comes first. In the event of an emergency, the first thing you should do is call the emergency services on 999 to make sure you get any assistance and medical treatment you need. A doctor must be consulted as soon as possible after an accident.
- If someone else is involved, you should stop and give your details to them – including your full name, your rider ID, your address, and if relevant, your vehicle registration number. You should also get their details. If you don’t exchange details at the time of the accident, please report it to the police within 24 hours.
As soon as possible after the accident has happened, please report it.
- If it’s an accident claim, report it to Bikmo using the claim form here.
- If it’s a third party liability claim, report it to Qover using the claim form here.
The claims team will then contact you directly to get everything they need to investigate and process the claim. They will take care of everything for you when it comes to your claim – including answering your questions.
You’ll need to provide some evidence to support your claim – either when you first make the claim, or any time during the claim process. The insurers will probably ask you:
- Can you explain what happened?
- When did the accident take place?
- Where did it happen?
- Did the accident cause any damage to someone else’s vehicle or property?
- Do you have any photos of any damage?
- Can you provide contact details for anyone else who was involved in this accident?
- Did anyone witness the accident? If so, can you provide their contact details?
- If a car or scooter was involved, can you give a copy of the European Claim Statement?
- If you have a statement from the police, can you share this?
If your accident claim is approved, any payment to you will be made directly to your bank account, and you will be notified by Bikmo to confirm payment and the amount. If a payment is made to a third party, Qover and the claims handler will do this on your behalf.
Each claim is different, but the insurers will handle all claims as quickly as possible and keep you informed, every step of the way. Payments are made electronically and are processed immediately once agreement has been reached.